Chester, NJ – Central Theatre is proud to present Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Evita. The show opens on Thursday, March 13 at 7:30 pm and runs Friday, March 14 at 7:30 pm and Saturday March 15 at 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm at West Morris Central High School Auditorium on 259 Bartley Road in Chester. Tickets are $10 for students and $12 for general admission. For ticket sales contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Argentina’s controversial first lady Eva Peron is the subject of this dynamic musical masterpiece. As an illegitimate fifteen year old, Eva escaped her dirt-poor existence for the bright lights of Buenos Aires. Driven by ambition and blessed with charisma, she was a starlet at twenty-two, the President’s mistress at twenty-four, First Lady at twenty-seven, and dead at thirty-three. Told through a compelling score that fuses haunting chorales with exuberant Latin, Pop, and Jazz influences, Evita creates an arresting theatrical portrait as complex as the woman herself.
The show started in 1976 as a rock opera concept album. That led to productions in London in 1978, where it won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Musical, and Broadway in 1979, winning the Tony award for Best Musical. There have been numerous tours and a major film in 1996 starring Madonna and Antonio Bandares. In 2006 the show was revived in London, and in 2012 on Broadway.
Evita is directed by English/Drama teacher Jeff Hogan, choreographed by math teacher Dana Harrington, and musically directed by Tracy Witko and band teacher Margret Schaeffer. Set design is by Ron Kadri and properties design by art teacher Harmony Dougher. Costumes are done by Susan Thompson and hair/makeup is special education teacher Tanya Cavallo.
• Sophomore Lauren Layfield is playing Evita
• Junior Kevin Wehrhahn is playing Che (The narrator and Eva’s opposition)
• Junior John Humcke is playing Juan Peron (The President of Argentina and Evita’s husband)
• Sophomore Caleb Hafen is playing Agustin Magaldi (The tango singer Evita cons into taking her to Buenos Aires)
• Senior Christina Monticciolo is playing the mistress (Juan Peron’s mistress who Evita kicks to the curb)
• Junior Jenniece Vazquez is playing Lillian Lagomarsino de Guardo (Evita’s best friend)
• Senior Katy Hunt is featured as a soloist in the song “Santa Evita”
Director of Fall Drama and Spring Musical
West Morris Central High School
Ticket sales: email@example.com
Latest posts by MJMedia (see all)
- Challenge yourself in Mendham at the Sixth Annual Harvest Hustle - September 17, 2014
- MEMORIAL EVENT CREATED TO PRESERVE THE MEMORY OF CARING MAN, & TO RAISE AWARENESS - September 16, 2014
- Mayors Article - September 16, 2014