Enjoy “A Walk through Time” in Morristown’s Historic District on October 9, 2016
On Sun., Oct. 9, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Macculloch Hall Historical Museum in Morristown plans to present “A Walk through Time,” a Historic District house tour generously sponsored by Millea Bros. Auctions+Appraisals. This walking house tour features seven homes, including Macculloch Hall, in the heart of Morristown’s landmarked historic district.
Visitors will be delighted to see how old meets new viewing historic architecture and design in modernized spaces. Featured homes, most never open to the public, have been lovingly kept and appointed so that they maintain their old world charm and appeal while offering the comforts of home for twenty-first century living. Each home, whether a private residence or historic house museum, retains its unique characteristics designed long ago, while incorporating personal touches added by residents over time. Come see history brought to life in elegant, designer spaces.
Tickets are $40 in advance or $45 on the day of the event. They are available online at maccullochhall.org, at MHHM during public hours, and at the following local retailers in Morristown: Lauren b., Suzi’s Salon, Spa & Wellness, Just Jersey; and in Madison: British Home Emporium. Funds raised by the tour—MHHM’s only fundraiser of 2016—support the museum’s educational programs, the preservation of its historic building and grounds, and day-to-day operations.
Featured House Tour residences have been generously sponsored by RegentAtlantic, Morris County Tourism Bureau, Sterling Horticultural Services, Fania Roofing Company, and MHHM Board of Trustees.
Located in downtown Morristown, N.J., Macculloch Hall has been part of the local community for over 200 years, first as the home to community-minded residents, George and Louisa Macculloch (1775-1858, 1785-1863), and since 1950, as a not-for-profit museum and garden. Founder W. Parsons Todd (1877-1976) endowed MHHM as a resource for all Morristown and Morris County residents. A Federal brick mansion, Macculloch Hall was built in 1810 by George Perrott Macculloch, the “Father of the Morris Canal.” Today this historic house and decorative arts museum comprises nine period rooms, two exhibition galleries, a dedicated classroom, and an expansive historic garden, which is open daily 9-5 free of charge.