The Chester Lions Club will be collecting items for the victims of the recent historic flooding in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and surrounding communities. With more than 40,000 homes damaged by the recent flood, the Chester Lions are doing their part to help, and are asking others to join in. Items will be shipped directly to the Baton Rouge Lions Club, a local club in that area.
Please help “Stuff-a-Truck” by dropping off items at the American Legion, 342 Route 24, Chester, from 2 to 6 p.m. on Sept. 28 – 30, and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Oct. 1 and 2.
The Chester Lions Club is looking for community members to donate the following new or very gently used items:
- School supplies including loose-leaf paper, ball point pens, pencils, crayons, note books, etc.
- Cleaning supplies including mops, brooms, Windex, 409, Clorox, pine sol, comet cleaners, disinfectant wipes and spray, laundry detergent, dish detergent, trash bags in 30 and 55 gallon sizes etc.
- Bedding, sheets, pillow cases, pillows, light blankets, towels, wash cloths, etc.
- Paper products such as toilet paper, papers towels, etc.
- Women’s and men’s hygiene products including deodorant, feminine products, razors, tooth paste, tooth brushes, etc.
- Small first aid kits family size
- Clothes baskets
- Flashlights and batteries
- Board games, playing cards or similar items for children.
Please pack donated items into plastic bins with lids.
For more information about the Chester Lions Club and this special project please visit www.chesterlionsclubnj.com.