The Mount Olive Area Chamber of Commerce’s August Lunch ‘N Learn is all about taking steps to limit or avoid the pain of legal problems. Thus, “Avoiding Legal Root Canal” is the title for this month’s luncheon.
The luncheon is set for Tues., Aug. 22 at Adam’s Hot Bagels, Budd Lake, from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
All businesses need to have a solid foundation in order to succeed. Accounting, sales, operations, and customer management to name a few. But what about legal issues? Too many businesses wait until trouble arises before addressing them. Business Lawyer Eric Kaiser will talk about potential legal issues that businesses should be aware of to help avoid problems and keep small problems from becoming big problems. Topics will include:
- Preventative Law and the role of the transactional lawyer
- Some common mistakes made by startups and early-stage businesses
- Some contract basics/how to make a contract?
- When is a contract necessary?
- What are some essential contracts for small and growing businesses?
The cost for the event is $15 for MOACC members and $20 for non-members, if you prepay. $5 will be added to the cost at the door.
To reserve a spot, visit www.mountolivechambernj.com.