The Alfred Baumann Library in Woodland Park is currently open for contactless pick-up.
Temporary public hours will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The limited library services will include lending books and materials; online/phone reference and reader’s advisory; inter-library loan (when available); virtual programs; virtual technology assistance; virtual collaboration with groups, families, businesses, and educators as requested; and virtual notary.
Library fines for late materials will be waived during this time.
– Circulation of books and materials: patrons will place holds on materials electronically by using the library’s catalog, by phone with library staff, or via email messages to library staff.
– Materials will be retrieved by library staff and checked out to the patron, packaged and labeled for curbside pick-up, or for pick up by the library patron from the lobby or designated area outside the building. Materials will be quarantined for 72 hours.
– When opened, items not retrieved by patrons from the lobby in 3 days will be discharged and placed back in the collection.
– Due dates on materials currently checked out will be extended through June 30, 2020.
– Through June 30, due dates will follow a 30-day rolling schedule. For example, materials checked out on June 3, 2020 will be due July 3, 2020.
– Limit of 15 items checked out on a card at any one time.
– Requests filled only with materials owned by the patron’s library.
Limit of 15 holds on a card at any one time.
Suspension of all email and text notifications.
– All returns should be put in the book drop.
– The public is not permitted to access to the main library building. The public may access the parking lot, designated outside waiting areas or lobby when curbside moves to lobby for inclement weather or if patron is not driving. The building’s interior doors will be locked.
– No more than two patrons may be inside the lobby at any given time when opened to the public
– The public will be required to wear masks when in the lobby to retrieve materials until the order is lifted by the Governor and/or County and local governments.
– When the lobby is opened to the public, patrons must use the designated entry and exit doors (to maintain safe distancing) to/from the building.
– Curbside pick-up will take place in the parking lot. Staff will put materials in the trunk or backseat of car. Patron must have door or trunk open. The four parking spots adjacent to the library will be designated for library curbside pick-up only. Signs will clearly mark the area. Patrons are not permitted to linger/socialize in the library’s lobby.